The walkway covers 18.5 linear miles from Bayonne to the George Washington Bridge. The Walkway design is governed by a set of standards and can be found under Reference Documents.
Walkway Color code:
- walkway completed - thick green line
- walkway under construction - narrow green
- walkway planned - gold (gold)
- alternate route - blue
- industrial waterfront (no access) - red
We are using Google Maps as the platform for tracing the walkway.
Please note that The Hudson River Waterfront Conservancy is not responsible for any comments or pictures posted on Google Maps.
Interactive map Last updated 9/13/2016
(If the map layers don't line up correctly, hold down the shift key and click the refresh button of your browser to clear the cache memory.)
- The Walkway (WW) map was updated in Sep. 2016 to reflect the following:
- The WW at Veterans Field Park, Edgewater is completed.
- The removal of the Hess oil tanks & its redevelopment in Edgewater changed "no access" to "planned".
- Edgewater has completed a section of the WW at I-PARK, south of Main Street.
- The WW connecting North Bergen & Guttenberg is completed.
- Two sections in Jersey City by the Colgate Clock changed to "completed".
- The WW at the western end of the Morris Canal by Liberty State Park is now completed to the footbridge.
- Along the Navy Pier in Bayonne, one short segment is completed and segments are "planned" to its east and west.
- The Walkway map was updated in 2013 to show minor changes and corrections in Edgewater's I-PARK Development, City Place/Promenade and Veterans Field Park.
- The Walkway map was updated on 6/6/12 to reflect completion of additional segments of the Walkway, including Weehawken Cove connecting Weehawken and Hoboken, Steven’s Institute in Hoboken and the Moorings condominiums in Edgewater. With these latest completions it is now possible to walk or bike from Goldman Sachs in Jersey City to the northern end of North Bergen, over seven miles. Several additional segments are under construction including The North Bergen/Guttenberg Park, Veteran’s Park in Jersey City, Veteran’s Park in Edgewater and I-Park in Edgewater(the old Unilever Research property). The Goal of a continuous Walkway from the Bayonne Bridge to the George Washington Bridge gets closer every year.