If you were flooded by Hurricane Sandy or living in a flood designated area here are some information from FEMA.
- Help with the problems created by the violent surge of Hurricane Sandy
- News for Local Governments
- Flood Elevation FAQ
- Assistance after a disaster or emergency
- New Elevation Standard for N.J. filed by Christie Administration -March 26, 2013
- The National Flood Insurance Program's (NFIP) Community Rating System (CRS) is a voluntary incentive program that recognizes and encourages community floodplain management activities that exceed the minimum NFIP requirements. By meeting the goals set in CRS, a municipality can receive discounted flood insurance premium rates.
The new CRS Manual: www.fema.gov/national-flood-insurance-program-community-rating-system
"Fact Sheet" outlining the new changes: www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/31149?id=7048I